Signs Your Air Conditioner Needs Refrigerant
As summer sneaks in, the last thing you want to be caught with is a broken AC unit! Here in Arizona, in fact, it could be deadly.
Refrigerant leaks are one of the most common, but more serious problems that our life-saving appliances face. You need a trained professional to address the problem – here are some signs to help you diagnose the issue.
Tell-Tale Warming Signs
- Hot Air
- This is one of the most obvious, and frustrating signs of a refrigerant leak. If your trusted AC unit starts delivering HOT air, it’s most likely a Freon problem.
- Heated Hiss
- Most of the time, Freon leaks are silent. But, if you notice a soft (or screaming!) sound coming from your refrigerant line – it’s best to bring in an expert right away.
- Humongous Bills
- If your thermostat is set automatically but your AC isn’t working, it can cause your AC to run continuously to try to cool you down without the ability to lower the temperature, leading to massive bills.
- Icy In All the Wrong Places
- If your refrigerant line develops ice crystals, you have a problem. Do not delay in calling a professional as this can cause serious damage to your unit if left unchecked.
No matter your problem, our AC replacement experts in the Greater Phoenix area have the knowledge and skill needed to guide you through any air conditioning service problem. From selecting the right air filter and other products to services to installing your new AC unit, we are here for you, proudly serving Avondale, Buckeye, Glendale, Goodyear, Peoria, Phoenix, Waddell, Scottsdale, and Surprise, Arizona. Contact A Quality HVAC and give us a call at 623-853-1482 today!